Tuesday, October 5, 2010

16 months old! 19 lbs 4 oz!!

Today Eden is 16 months old - wow! As each day passes I'm losing my baby and gaining a toddler. When I looked at these pictures I was so blown away at how grown up she looked. Where is the time going?



As I'm now the mother of a toddler, I'm also starting to experience some serious attitude! My sweet, content, happy baby is now throwing full on temper tantrums sometimes and I just don't know what to do except laugh! She used to sit still, smile and pose so perfectly for her pictures, but now I get the camera out and she quickly scoots to where I am and demands that she play with it. No more easy photo shoots. Here's what happened while trying to take the photos above:

I was lucky to get the two good pictures that I did. This one and the other 12+ pictures are all of her fighting me for the camera. :)

She is also extremely mobile these days and is beginning to get into a lot of trouble. Putting her into her crib for naptime and bedtime has become quite entertaining. We have the video baby monitors so from the screen in the other room we watch her stand and run all around her crib, falling several times and getting herself all twisted up in her multiple cords. We now have to go in and untangle her about 3 times before she finally settles down and falls asleep.

A couple days ago we were watching her on the monitor being crazy and circling around and around her bed. We laughed as she was slowing down until she finally sat down and held her blanky and sucked her thumb. We knew she was giving in, but she wasn't laying herself down. After just a few minutes of this she just completely collapsed in half in complete slumber. Brad went in and layed her in a more comfortable position, but we laughed a lot about our sweet little girl. She's tons of fun - tantrums and all!

Happy 16 months Eden! Here's to figuring out how to have a toddler!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

She's so sweet! I love those first tantrums because they are just funny! :)

Jess & Jessica said...

She is such a sweet girl. I bet her tantrums are so cute and fun to watch. She is getting so big which is sure nice to see. Litlle Eden has come such a long way. :)