I have extended family who have served in the military, and I've always felt so grateful for those who have served our country. However, now that my brother is a Veteran of this amazing nation we live in, it means so much more to me now to show gratitude and honor to him and to all those who have served.
Here is a picture of my brother and I taken in November of last year, right before he deployed to Afghanistan. Little did I know that in less than 6 weeks from when this photo was taken, that something so drastic would happen to change lives.
Four of the servicemen in Michael's group were killed that day. We cannot express how grateful we are to still have him here with us today. Despite losing his eyesight, Michael has shown us that there is so much to be grateful for, and that sometimes in life our attitude is what limits us more than anything else. He has been an amazing example of strength and gratitude to all of us and I am constantly so inspired by him to be a better person. Sometimes we all take for granted how much sacrifice is made for each of us.
I also have to give a little shout out to Michael's sweet wife Jesse who has also sacrificed so much. Having a husband who is blind changes her life so much as well and she supports and loves him so much through everything. So thank you Jesse for your service and sacrifices too.
So tomorrow for Veteran's Day, I would hope that we might all take a moment to thank someone who has served this country and sacrificed so much for us.
Thank you Michael, I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment