For Mother's Day this year, Brad suprised my mom and I with an awesome little get-away to relax and spoil ourselves! He told us a couple weeks in advance that he was planning something, but wouldn't tell us any details about what we would be doing. So this past Friday, as we were heading out the door, he gave us a stack of sealed envelopes which had instructions about when to open them on the outside cover.
The first envelope instructed us to drive over to the Sandia Resort where we would be checking in to our hotel room for the night. We spent the afternoon relaxing by the pool and then got into our room and opened the second envelope of instructions. Inside was some money for dinner and a movie and our appointment time in the spa the next day for manicures and pedicures.


We went to dinner at El Pinto and then went to see "Water for Elephants" at Century Rio. It has been so long since I have been to a movie, so I thoroughly enjoyed myself! The movie was pretty good too!
The next morning (after getting a wonderful, uninturrupted night's rest) we went down to the spa and got our mani/pedi. This is only my second manicure, and I enjoy them, but there's nothing like getting a good pedicure! It was fun to visit with my mom as we were pampered there in the spa.


After we were done there we returned to our hotel room to open the next envelope of instructions. Inside was more money for each of us to go shopping! :) Whoo hoo! We spent the afternoon at the mall getting lots of fun things and then finished our day off with a lunch at Zio's.

I was just totally blown away by Brad and his thoughtfulness! Not only did he plan something fun for us (and provide the money to spend!) but he made it even more fun by keeping the excitment and suspense going with the sealed envelopes. We had no idea what was in store for us so it was fun to finish something and then open up the envelope to find out what was next. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to be married to such an amazing man. I love you Brad! Thank you!!!
I also absolutely LOVED being able to spend some really fun, relaxing time with my mom. She has done so much to help us, especially in the last few months with all our trips to Denver, so we can't even begin to thank her! Also, more than anyone I know, she totally deserves to have a relaxing and fun day. Thanks mom for all you do!
I love my family!!!
1 comment:
That is the COOLEST idea ever! What a great husband. GOOD JOB,BRAD!!!! I bet that was so fun to spend that special time with your mom and enjoy your wonderful good nights rest.
Post a Comment