We're having a boy and I am so excited! Technically, I guess I'm 18 weeks along now, but we took this picture last Tuesday after we had the ultrasound that confirmed my suspicions that our baby is a boy.

Obviously, I've always just said that I hope for a healthy baby, it didn't matter to me one way or the other if it was a boy or girl. I think the practical side of me wanted a girl just because we already have tons of clothes and girl stuff, and then Eden having a little sister close would be fun for them to share a room, and play together, etc. The thought of having a boy just seems so weird. I have no idea how to handle boys and frankly, it intimidates me! However, since finding out that we have a boy coming, I have become more and more excited every day and am so happy that we are beginning this new adventure.
Because our path with Eden has been so difficult and completely out of the ordinary, I feel that with this baby I will experience so many "firsts" that I didn't get with Eden. The fact that this is a boy makes this even more fun and unknown. Fortunately, I've got lots of nephews so I'm sure my sisters and sisters-in-law will be hearing lots from me as I'm trying to figure out what to do with a boy! :)
Our boy trouble for the next few months will be figuring out a name. Girl names seem so much easier to me so finding a boy name we both like, that isn't already in use as a first or middle name by any of our 19 nephews is going to be quite a challenge. Here we go!!!
1 comment:
You will LOVE having a little boy. Baby girls and boys are special for different reasons, but baby boys definitely love their mamas! You will catch on very quickly I'm sure! :) So excited for ya!
Post a Comment