Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rio Grande Network Down Syndrome Buddy Walk

This year we were able to participate in the Down Syndrome Buddy Walk to support Lydia and the resources and programs available for her. It was so much fun to walk among friends for such a great cause. Having Lydia in our lives has been such a blessing. She is so amazing and sweet. I'm so grateful for the friendships we have with the Picketts and selfishly, I'm so grateful for Eden's sake that she will grow up having a close friend with special needs. I think there are invaluable lessons to be learned for children and adults alike to have someone with special needs in our lives. Because of Lydia, Eden will learn a different kind of tolerance, love, acceptance, and so much more by learning to love her for who she is and what makes her special. I believe this in turn will help Eden to love herself more for her differences and challenges that make her special and unlike most kids. I'm so grateful we have Lydia in our lives.

At the end of the walk, Eden went to the face painters and was transformed into a fishbowl. She got lots of comments and attention for this and I think she loved it.

Then we noticed later that Eden got a hold of the camera and got a few "selfies." When I say a few, it really means about 20 pictures all with variations of these same two expressions. ha ha

No comments: