This girl is the most precious thing ever. I have never known such a happy baby. Even when she cries she starts it out with a smile! She loves to make eye contact and just stare you down until you smile at her and then she squeals and smiles back.
She still just has two teeth on the bottom, but her top gums are very swollen looking so I'm expecting those to pop any day now. Ouch!
She is getting up on all fours like crazy and bouncing back and forth, but any time she attempts to go forward she falls on her face, which understandably makes her frustrated. So she usually just moves backwards and sideways by rolling and scooting. She is definitely getting around though!
She is also good at bringing herself up to sitting. I'll go in to get her from a nap and she is sitting up, or I'll leave her on the floor after changing her diaper and she pops right up and starts playing. It's fun.
 |
| She loves to eat bananas through this little net thing. |
 |
| Sleeping beauty. Look at those lips! |
 |
| She quite often finds the cords to the blinds when she is in the high chair, these cords are now covered in all kinds of food. |
 |
| This girl loves water. She splashes like crazy and squeals and giggles. It makes it very difficult to get a picture that doesn't look blurry. |
 |
| How can you not smile looking at that face?! Cute little teeth. |
At around 6 1/2 months I took her for her 6 month well child check-up which also meant she had to get shots. The poor baby was so sick for about 36 hours. She had a really high fever and was very sad any time she was out of my arms so we spent pretty much all waking hours very near one another. So sad, but still so sweet.
 |
| Fever of 103 that I had a hard time keeping at bay. I hate fevers. |
But before long she was feeling back to normal again and ready to eat! She doesn't really like baby food too much, but she sure is happy when I give her real food!
 |
She absolutely loves to be outdoors. She will sit in the grass and play so happily for a long time. If she is grouchy, or I'm trying to hold her off for a nap or something, she is happiest if we are outside. Obviously, I'm very sad that winter is coming rapidly.
|
I just can't imagine my life without this baby. She has brought so much love, joy and happiness into our family. We all absolutely adore her and love that her personality continues to bloom and expand. Life is crazy with three very dependent children, but this girl makes it so rewarding. She is so much fun and anytime I'm feeling down I know I can look at her for that big gummy smile to cheer me up.
I love you my sweet baby Olive.
3 comments:
The only time she won't smile at mommy is when she has her shower cap on. Olive does not like it!
She is so cute. I love that happy girl! How funny that she doesn't like baby food! London devours it! But she hates bananas. Funny girls. Olivia will be crawling before you know it!
I do believe Olivia is the happiest baby I have ever seen. I have never seen a child smile like she does to anyone and everyone. Life is great if you are Olivia Justice or around her. Love that girl!
Post a Comment