This year getting the tree up was quite a long process for some reason. We had tons of light trouble, and we had to just work on it here and there in between things. After about a day and a half though, we were finally able to really start decorating it.
I always really look forward to blasting the Christmas music, and getting the ornaments out for the kids to hang up. They get so involved and we have such cute conversations as we work. It really is a magical time. I used to think I wanted a fancy, themed and beautiful tree, but then I realized that I love the experience of letting the kids decorate it with their special ornaments, homemade things, and ornaments from fun family vacations, etc. I love the personality and kids touch. Someday my kids will be grown, and the tree will be perfect and uniform, with fancy ornaments - and I'll miss these years and these trees so much.
 |
| So after the kids went to bed, I'll admit I did move a few things around, but not before I captured their work. |
 |
| They love the Elf on the Shelf tradition and were looking forward to getting the tree up so he would start coming. |
 |
| Olivia thinks the ornaments are pretty cool. |
Then came the time for our annual tradition of opening their new tree ornament. Olivia went first. She, of course, had lots of help to open hers.
 |
| She was obviously very excited for her "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament. |
 |
| She proceeded to swing it around for quite some time. |
 |
| Bentley was very excited about his Spiderman one. He moves it around quite a bit on the tree. |
 |
| And Eden was pretty sure that she was getting an Elsa ornament because she loves her so much. |
 |
| And she was right - and very happy about it! |
It's such a fun tradition and I love that we can look at their ornaments from years past and remember the things that they were really into at the time. They really look forward to finding their old ones too and putting them on the tree. I love these kiddos... life would be so sad and boring without them.
No comments:
Post a Comment