Friday, January 30, 2015

Eden's School Project

For the 100th day of school, Eden was given a project to do a t-shirt or a necklace or something with 100 on it.  When we talked about what she would like to do, she said she wanted to do a t-shirt with 100 spirals.  As a couple weeks passed, I thought maybe she would change her mind, but when it came time to work on the project she was still sure she wanted a shirt with 100 spirals. 

We invited Avery Haslam over (her friend from her school class and church class) and they decorated their shirts together.  They had a blast. 



The first couple spirals she did were a little tough as she got used to the right pressure to squirt out the paint, but then her spirals got really good!

When it came time for the 100th day, she was supposed to wear her t-shirt, but they were also told they were supposed to dress up like a 100 year old.  I talked to Eden about doing rollers in her hair and she was excited about it until she realized they weren't coming out before school.  I showed her a bunch of pictures online of old ladies with rollers in their hair in my attempts to persuade her about how good they looked.  She still wasn't convinced. I just wasn't sure what else to do to make her look like an old lady so I persuaded her to leave them in.  She agreed, but I could tell she wasn't very happy about it. 



She looks adorable, but after dropping her off at school I felt so bad like I shouldn't have pushed her to wear them if it made her uncomfortable.  I knew that Avery would have them in her hair too though so I knew Eden wouldn't be alone.  Sure enough though, when she came home she said "when I was walking to lunch some big kids were pointing and laughing at me because of my hair."  I felt so horrible!  Total mom fail right there - I shouldn't have pushed it when she was uncomfortable.  I know she isn't scarred for life, but it was a good lesson for me to learn! Oh well.. she was still the cutest old lady with the coolest spiral t-shirt. :)

1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

She's so cute. She has so much fun but doesn't like attracting too much attention.