These past two weeks have been great though - aside from the lack of sleep and normal breastfeeding discomforts. Brad was able to take the whole first week off of work which was so nice. Eden was going to school, Brad would take the two little ones out for some kind of errands or adventure most mornings, and I was just taking advantage of all that time to hold my sweet baby and cherish this bonding time with her. It was so wonderful. Everyone was very sad when Brad had to return to work - except maybe Brad who was itching for some productivity again! I'm so grateful for the time he was able to be here though. He has been so helpful!
We have also had lots of visits from grandma who is so great to come check on us and help keep the kids entertained. We have also enjoyed getting out of the house and walking to the nearby park. It's been good!
Karly is such a sweet baby. She is very chill and not really fussy or sad much. She LOVES to be held though and really doesn't stay sleeping long when I try to put her down. I love the time to hold her, but this may get a bit trickier as life moves on! She has not been lacking attention around here for sure. Her siblings adore her and want to take turns holding her often. She is so sweet and we have loved having her here.
| (The picture of Karly's toes) Thank you Grandpa Downing for passing on this trait. I am one of only two out of my siblings that didn't get at least a little webbing of the toes. I thought my family was going to miss these gene completely, but little Karly got just a touch of the webbed toes. It's actually pretty dang cute. |
![]() |
| Karly looks so much like her brother!! |
| I love seeing all my babies together. I am so blessed. |
Having a new baby in the house brings such a sweet spirit and so much love. Karly is perfect for us and we are so happy she is here and healthy. We love her to pieces and can't imagine our family without her now.





























2 comments:
Karly is lucky to have so many big and little people who love her.
That time together during the first week was fantastic. I loved being able to relax, recover, and be together.
Post a Comment