Saturday, July 2, 2016

Bentley James

My Bentley boy - I love this guy.  Here are his 4 year old stats:

Weight:  34.6 pounds, 31% percentile
Length:  3 ft 4 in, 38% percentile

This boy is so full of personality. Just looking through this string of pictures makes me laugh because he has the funniest expressions.

In so many ways, his personality reminds me so much of his daddy, which is a good thing. He keeps me laughing and he loves to have fun.  Bentley and Brad are a match made in heaven when it comes to board games. They both love it so much, and play games whenever they get the chance.

I was playing a card game with him the other day and after I finished shuffling the cards he said, "Here mom, I'll deal them out because I'm a boy and I help people."  Ok.  ha ha

All the games have been incredible with teaching Bentley so many good lessons. Being a good sport is an important one, but he has also learned pretty impressive math and strategy skills. It won't be too long before he can hang in with the big boys on some of those crazy strategy games. His intensity is very cute to watch.

He is the sweetest brother to his three sisters.  Olivia is at an age where she can be very difficult to play with because she quite often kind of ruins everything he sets up, whether she means to or not. However, he is very patient with her for the most part.  

With Eden, he loves to wrestle. He has definitely helped her in the physical strength training because he keeps her running and tumbling and I love it. It is so fun to watch them wrestle, and it brings back so many memories of when I used to wrestle with Michael, who is about the same distance younger than me as Bentley is to Eden.

Then there's his sweet relationship with Karly. He adores her and out of all the kids, he invests the most emotionally with her. She loves him and lights up when she sees him. It's so sweet to watch.
So Bentley is surrounded by girls in our house, and then a lot of our social gatherings are with friends who also have a lot of girls. He is a good friend to the girls, and they all adore him. It's so fun when we can get together with families with boys, or when he has a boy friend come over though because he is 100% boy! They get out the boxing gloves and fight, they wrestle, and play super heroes with lots of crazy noises and sound affects. And then there's the intense competitive side that comes out when he is with the boys.  Even though he spends most of his time with girls, I have no doubt that he is ALL BOY and I love to see him with his guy friends!  ha ha

A few weeks ago I bought a preschool workbook from Costco and he called it his "homework" and he obsessed over it! He loved it so much and wanted to work on it constantly. I was surprised at how much he could do on his own, and within just a couple weeks he had finished the huge book entirely and was asking for more! He now has the kindergarten book and is flying through that one as well. He picks up the directions and work really quickly and can also write his letters and numbers really good.  He is one smart and determined little guy!


He is such a treasure. He is so affectionate and sweet to me. I know this probably sounds totally weird, but in a non-creepy way - I feel like he is my little boyfriend and I love it! I feel so adored by him and I give it all back in return. There's a sweetness there that I can't even put to words.

He is just my little boy, and he always will be.




1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

This boy is as earnest and sweet as they come.

In his prayer the other night before bed he said, "And if say bad things to other people, you say sorry."