Sunday, September 16, 2018

Kids Time with Dad and No Mom

Through my friend Erin Haslam, I was able to get involved with the race directors for a local half and full marathon this weekend. Friday afternoon I spent the day behind the desk at the packet pick-up and met so many people from all over the US and even international folks who descended upon Albuquerque to run a Boston qualifying marathon down the Sandia Mountains. It was really neat to meet people from all walks of life, some running their first marathon, and some running in Albuquerque to reach their goal of a marathon in each state.  It was truly inspiring.

Saturday morning we left at 3am to meet with the team and get everything in order for the race to begin.  I was able to be at the half marathon start line and was the one to blow the horn to start the race.  It was so high energy and such a cool experience.  After getting the race started, we helped along the track and then got down to the finish line as the racers were coming in.  It was incredible to see the dedication, resilience and hard work for these folks who set a goal and reached it.  It was awesome, and it kind of made me wish I was running..... kind of.  :)

While I was away for Friday afternoon and Saturday, Brad and the kids were playing hard and enjoying their time together.  The arcade was a huge hit and they came home with tons of very large prizes.  I'm still not exactly sure how that happened.
I don't think I was missed one bit.  When mom's away, the children play! I'd say it was a successful weekend for all involved.

1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

I was very proud of Lisa for jumping in a working hard on that race. She did great and I think she loved it.

Those big prizes? I have no idea. I was ON FIRE with the claw machine.