Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Life in the past week

She is just so much fun, that's all I can say.


Today I was feeding Eden and she was probably only about half way done when the phone rang, so I just layed her down on the rug to jump up and grab it really quickly. I think I was only gone about two minutes tops but by the time I came back she was totally asleep so I just layed a blanket over her and left her there for a little nap. Is that mean? :o)


Every day we have to brush her teeth... just kidding she doesn't have any teeth (that would be a little freaky). Brad is actually brushing some of the thrush off her tonge. Gross I know, but it helps and we are desperate to do anything that helps with this darn yeast!


She was a little sad the other night because we were trying to keep her awake until her next feeding so Brad entertained her with a little piano music.


Now that I am a homemaker, I am trying to work on my domestic skills (when I can actually get the time for extra things). I was pretty impressed with the cinammon rolls I made from scratch. I have never made anything like this before so it was a total gamble, but they turned out great (and huge!).


I love her gummy little smiles.


Her nurse was here on Monday and Eden had gained a few ounces (she was 9 lb 12 oz). She has another weigh-in tomorrow so hopefully she will continue to gain so that her pediatrician won't be concerned. So other than the thrush she is doing great!

6 comments:

Melody said...

Brushing her "teeth" is a really good idea even at this young. We did that with Ben and he's never had a problem with us brushing them. The twins, however, we didn't and its a constant battle to let us do it now.

She is so cute!! I can't believe how big she is!

Amber said...

She is precious. I love her gummy smile too. Glad you guys are home doing good.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Just stumbled on your blog. Adorable girl you've got there! We did the thrush with our first baby, and it is such a pain! The thing that finally worked was yogurt. We gave her a tiny bit, even though she was only five months old, and it finally went away and never came back. Since then, I've learned you can buy acidophiles at the health food store, and that works just as well as the yogurt, without the milk allergens. Hope she is over it soon!

Stef said...

Letting her sleep on the ground is great. It always amazes me how sometimes if you just lay them down they can sleep without us. Hmmm.

Erin said...

She is looking great, and I think those are the BIGGEST cinnamom rolls I have ever seen, more to enjoy right.

Camren and Tiffany said...

I love that picture of her smile so cute!