Here's a rare occurance of some happy tummy time early last week. I don't think she has smiled about being on her tummy again since. I had to be sure I blogged this moment to prove to her someday that it wasn't always torture.
Eden continues to progress so well these days. Last week when her nurse was here for the visit Eden weighed 12 lb 11 oz! She is growing fast these days now that she has the g-tube. I spent a few hours the other day packing up all the 0-3 month clothes and moving in the 3-6 month outfits. I know it's good for her to be growing, but part of me is so sad because I want to keep my little, tiny snuggly baby! I guess I shouldn't complain, I've had a much longer time in this stage than most (even if it has come with certain complications! :)
Last week Eden also got her ears pierced. I know... I still feel bad. I have wanted to do it for a long time, in fact, even when I was pregnant and knew it would be a girl I thought for sure I'd get her ears pierced. I've been going back and forth a lot about it though because I just felt so bad about doing it since she has already been through so much. I knew if I was going to do it though I needed to do it sooner rather than later because the older she got the more she would notice they were there and start to pull on them.
So last week we headed over to the mall, with my good friend Annie for moral support. As I took Eden in and sat down this random lady who worked at the little booth next door walked over and said, "ohhhh..." in a sad voice and I looked and her and said, "go away, I don't need you here to make me feel even worse about this." I think by the way I said it she thought I was joking, but I kind of wasn't!
Overall, it went way better than I was expecting. As soon as the lady pierced them Eden did start to cry, but I hurried and turned her around towards me and said, "all done" and she immediately stopped crying - and that was it. I don't know if her lack of crying made me feel better or worse though. The poor baby has been through so much that a few more pokes in the ear were hardly anything worth crying over. Poor thing. She's so tough.
So now she has beautiful, sparkling little flowers in her ears and she looks absolutely adorable!
5 comments:
That is sooo cute! Oh man is she getting big! Can't wait to see her this weekend! Love ya
Cute little ears! Jamie chose those earings too! You guys have good taste.
Yay! Your story sounds so close to mine, even with Annie and all! :D Adalee has those cute little flowers in her ears too! I am so happy they got them they are so darn cute. :)
She's precious, Lisa! I want to get Lucy's ears peirced and she's 7 months now. I feel so guilty that I waited so long! I'm proud of you for telling that lady what you did. You seem like such a good Mom already!
I love her chubby cheeks and her earings are darling! Eden is getting so big.
Post a Comment