Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Last Few Weeks

I've been so demotivated when it comes to blogging lately, but I know the farther behind I get the harder it will be to start again so here I am! Here's what's been going on on the last few weeks:

At Eden's 15 month well check with her pediatrician earlier this month she weighed 18 lbs 5 oz which I think they said that for her adjusted age (12 months) she's about the 50th percentile so she is doing well.


She now has 4 teeth, two on top and two on bottom. Most children use these new fancy tools for eating, my child uses them for grinding and making the most aweful sound.

Despite the weekly efforts of her physical therapist, she doesn't crawl but rather enjoys scooting around on her bottom. Now more than ever she fights getting on all fours because she gets from point A to point B in her own way so who needs real crawling? It's quite funny to watch her, but pretty sad too because if she would just try crawling she might find that to be much faster, not to mention it would probably be easier too! :) She also still loves to cruise around on her feet while holding on to the couch, or walking along a wall, or pretty much anything that helps her stay upright. She's getting pretty fast and disappears from view very quickly now.

She absolutely LOVES dogs and gets so excited when she sees one. "Dog" also happens to be one of the best and most frequent signs that she does. She will also sign mom, dad, more, eat, and go. And then there's clappping - she has a happy clap and a "pay attention to me" clap. I can totally tell the difference without looking at her and know when she's trying to get me to look at her.

When we put her in bed she usually plays around a little before falling asleep. This time she fell asleep right in the middle of demolishing her bedding.


Eden loved riding in the wagon at the hospital in Denver last month, and she also got in a few rides in a wagon at my mom's house. I wanted to get one but they were pretty pricy so I just kept putting it off. A couple weeks ago I hit the jackpot at a garage sell that I just happened to be driving by. There it was... Eden's new wagon for only $16 (I had to do some serious bargaining because that's all the cash I had on me)! Probably the best purchase I've made in a long time. Her face says it all.... she loves it.


Since returning from Denver I've been working with Eden's GI doctor's office to get a PH probe set up so we can find out more information about her reflux. For some reason, despite my constant harrassing, a date still hasn't been set for this so we haven't made too much progress. Fortunately though, Eden's Prevacid medication dosage was increased since Denver and it seems to be helping her out. Her eating has improved a little bit and she is a little more willing to try different foods.


We still have so much work to do though because she still hardly swallows anything. Currently we are going once a week to a feeding clinic at the hospital where we work one-on-one with a speech therapist and occupational therapist. Every little bit helps and we celebrate every little tiny improvement.

We are now scheduled to return back to Denver in October so Eden can be seen in the new Aerodigestive Clinic. The first day we will be in the clinic and meet with a GI specialist, an ENT, and Pumlonologist and they will evaluate Eden and review her history. Those three docs will then meet together and discuss Eden to determine what the next course of action will be. She will then go into the operating room the following day where they will perform whatever procedures they feel are necessary to help get us some answers. I'm very hopeful and excited that we will get some good results. So back to Denver we go!

And to finish off the post, here are a couple pictures taken a few weeks ago that I just couldn't resist:


5 comments:

Chad and Annie said...

I love all the pics of Eden, she is so so beautiful! I love to hear about all her progress, she is so amazing!

Jess & Jessica said...

Thanks for all the updates. It is really good to hear she is trying new foods. Great job on your bargain!! Those last pictures of Eden are ADORABLE!!! She is one beautiful little girl.

Harding Family said...

Love the pictures! She is so cute! And look how green your grass is!

Amber said...

She is a doll! I can't wait to come and meet her for the first time...although I feel like I know her already. I love her cute smile.
That is awesome about your new red wagon!! Great job. See you soon!

Riddlez said...

How cute is she?!? I'm glad you were able to increase the meds. I'm not quite sure why it's taking so long to get an appointment for your pH probe, though. I think we saw the doctor and had the probe 2 days later...You keep being that squeaky wheel!