After getting a bath and her hair washed, our nurse brought Eden this ribbon so we could get her all fancied up. The nurse loved it so much she kept sending other nurses to walk by and look at Eden. She was quite the hit that day.

Sometimes playing with toys gets so exhausting!

Now here she is today:

Still battling this nasty sickness. We took her in to see the doctor and he said her incision looks ok and that he didn't think this was caused by any infection there. Good news! He felt that maybe she has rotavirus so there are some lab tests being done and maybe we will know for sure tomorrow.
Rotavirus? Yeah, that's what I thought, so I came home and did some research and it is very possible that this is exactly what is going on. Almost every child gets this and it is most common in infants from 6 months to 2 years old. Most commonly contracted in a hospital, or day care and takes about two or three days before symptoms begin to show up. We got home Wednesday and she started acting sick on Thursday so two to three days before that she was still in the hospital so it is most likely she got it there. Rotavirus starts with vomiting and then turns to diarrhea for anywhere from 4 to 8 days. Lovely... we are definitely in the thinck of the diarrhea and it's nasty. I won't go into details, but I'm so very grateful for the feeding tube and the fact that I can just keep the pedialyte pumping in so she doesn't get dehydrated.
Fortunately rotavirus is not something adults can get so it appears as though Brad and I will be spared from this plague. And if it turns out it isn't rotavirus, then it's just some nasty stomach bug that is really taking it's time getting through her. Hopefully we are almost done with this because I'm getting tired of doing laundry... :)
I've realized with this sickness that though sometimes I feel like we have pretty much dealt with everything, this is the first time she has had any kind of sickness involving vomiting and diarrhea. I guess we were spared for a while, but every mom gets their turn a time or two! Here's to changing a million poopy diapers!
No comments:
Post a Comment