Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter!




Easter was so much fun this year. I love that as Eden gets older, the holidays get to be more and more fun! A day early, the Easter Bunny actually came and dropped off this little suprise for Eden... (I heard he got a really good deal on Craigslist, whoo hoo!)





Then Easter morning he left her these other fun things...

Unfortunately she is terrified of the pirate bear who sings and moves around so we have to keep it put away. She won't even play in the same room with the darn thing :)

That morning we were able to attend my brother's ward and be with them when he blessed Sophie. He did such an incredible job on her blessing and we were all so happy for their family. And of course, Sophie looked absolutely adorable!


The rest of the day was spent down at my parents house where we had a delicious BBQ and celebrated with all the usual Easter traditions. Unfortunately Eden missed out on dying eggs because she was napping, but I was able to help Kadence which I'm sure was much less messy than trying to help Eden!




Cute little baby Carson...


Then we did the Easter egg hunt for the kids and Eden was totally into it! She got so excited every time she saw another egg so she would run to it, throw it in her basket, and then start searching the grass for more. She ended up with quite a lot of eggs! Somehow we even convinced her to actually eat a little of the candy. She seemed to latch on to the malted eggs and wanted to keep eating those. Unfortunately though, she was so intrigued by the eggs and candy that out of about 20 pictures I tried, she would not look at the camera and smile.... little stinker.





I am just so grateful for the Easter holiday and the reminder it is to us of our Savior and the miracle of His resurrection. I feel so blessed to have the family that I do and I love being able to celebrate with them!

2 comments:

Jess & Jessica said...

I love your Easter picture in front of the house. You guys are a good looking beautiful family.

Jenny said...

Cute pics!!! We totally have that Pirate Bear with the Parrot on his shoulder... "feeling hot hot hot!" Our bear scared one of our little friends. I know how you feel!