Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pregnancy Update

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! I am now 34 weeks and getting crazy close to welcoming our third child! Ahhh! Sometimes I still get surprised when the baby moves, or I see my reflection and think, "Oh my goodness, I'm pregnant! This is really happening!" I'm so excited, and also so nervous for her to arrive!
Isn't she a cutie? Her little nose reminds me a lot of Bentley's.

Apparently the third time's the charm for us though because this pregnancy has been so good! I have been getting the injections of progesterone once a week, and they have done regular ultrasounds to check my cervical length and everything has been perfect. I have lots of braxton hicks contractions, but I haven't had any other complications or bleeding like I had with Eden and Bentley's pregnancies. It's been amazing and I feel so blessed (and super relieved to have escaped bed rest this time around!).

So of course it's not all super amazing, I do have heart burn A LOT and don't sleep good and it's uncomfortable, but it seems silly to complain about those things when I'm really just so grateful that it's normal pregnancy complaints instead of major drama! Everyone says now that just means we can have lots, but I'm not that brave I know that for sure!

These pictures were taken a few weeks ago when we did family pictures so I'm bigger now, but here's the evidence of pregnancy number three! Thanks Jesse for the cute shots.

Eden is so excited for her baby sister to come and asks very often if it's time yet. She has also decided that she wants to name her "Sandelia" which we have agreed to consider. :) We have a big cardboard box in our office that is full of pictures and crafts Eden has been making for the baby. She also has little ziplock bags full of random things in the box too. This baby will be spoiled by her big sister that's for sure. I'm looking forward to having a great helper!

Bentley pushes on my stomach and says, "baby" but I think that's about the extent of his interest or understanding.

Since Brad and I still haven't decided on the name, we sometimes do call her "Sandelia" ha ha. She is a very active baby and keeps my stomach moving around and bumping like crazy. Both Brad and Eden get a kick out of watching and feeling her moving around in there. She gets the hiccups a lot too which usually happens right as I'm trying to fall asleep at night. I often wonder is she will look like Eden or Bentley, or if she will be a thumb sucker too. I wonder too if we only produce one hair color on our children, or if she will have a color of her own. Eden is pretty sure she will have blue eyes just like her and daddy. There are so many fun things to look forward to and we are excited to welcome her soon!

No comments: