Thursday, January 15, 2015

Olivia - 10 months old!

Oh baby Olive, you are such a joy.  You've always been so happy and funny, but lately you have really shown another side of yourself! In the last month, your personality has really come out like crazy!  You know what you want, and you will usually slap my face and yell when I'm not moving fast enough. You know what I mean when I say soft because sometimes you will follow up by being soft, but most times you disregard that request and slap away. Then you get really mad if I put you down.  Also, if one of your siblings take something from you, you will furiously crawl after them yelling. You don't talk yet, but you are very good at communicating when you're feeling playful, tired, hungry, or frustrated. You make me laugh constantly.  I love you to pieces.


If anyone lays down on the floor, it's an instant target for Olivia.  She loves to go on the attack and giggles like crazy as she crawls all over you.



She is extremely curious and very much into learning about cause and effect.  She makes messes wherever she goes, but her wheels are constantly spinning and she is learning fast!



This completely caught me off guard.  This girl can't even walk, but I guess she can crawl onto a chair in order to reach Eden's art project, which scared the heck out of me when I come walking around the corner!

She loves to walk around the house with this thing but she gets so frustrated and yells when she gets stuck on something and can't move forward anymore.


She LOVES water!

She is so cuddly and precious.  The snuggles never last very long, but they happen frequently and melt my heart every time.

Some more random things about Olivia:
  • she knows how to take the lids off of markers which is a very dangerous thing 
  • she still has 8 teeth and eats like a champ (regular people food, NOT pureed baby food)
  • she says, "mom" "dada" "uh oh"
  • she hums while sucking her fingers and relaxing, it's adorable
  • she is busy! Church is tricky because she refuses to sit on my lap.  She must be constantly moving and exploring
  • she discovered that she can reach the light switch while standing in her crib.  I had to move the crib out from the wall a bit because it was way too distracting.
  • she cruises along furniture or if we are holding her hands.  She can stand for a second at a time by herself but only when she doesn't realize she is doing it.

I love you Olive!  You really add so much joy and spice into each and every day.



1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

She is also super picky about giving her daddy kisses. A majority of the time I ask for one she quickly hids her face.