Monday, November 30, 2015

Decorating the Christmas Tree

Decorating the Christmas tree is always such an exciting thing to do for the kids. I couldn't get the lights up fast enough, so as I worked from the bottom up, they began hanging the ornaments. I love having cute little "helpers".


It's so fun when the kids come across the ornaments they received in previous years. It's usually just as cute of a reaction as it was the original time they received it.
Even Olivia was way into it. She, of course, couldn't actually hang them but she did a great job shoving things between branches.




And this is exactly how the tree stayed this year. The top half was completely empty, but the bottom half was packed full. They went to bed so proud of their work, and when I came downstairs and considered moving things around a bit, I couldn't bring myself to do it.  I'll have plenty of years to have a fancy tree, but for now - I cherish the childhood touch in my home. 


I love these three so much! Christmas is just so magical with small kids. So fun!

1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

And next year there will be FOUR!