Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Bentley Update!

Bentley James is such a little gem in our family. He brings such a fun and different level of activity into our house. I love to listen to him play - he jumps around from couch to couch making all sorts of crazy sound affects, but never any words. Whatever is going on in his mind is intense though, and I'm sure he is a superhero of some sort. He also loves to put all the balls we own onto the trampoline with him and he displays some pretty awesome dodgeball skills.
I love when I get to go out on dates with this guy. He is already quite the gentleman and likes to hold the doors open for me. He is so loving and affectionate with me and I adore it. The other day he came up and gave me a big hug and I said, "Awe Bentley, someday you will grow up and fall in love with a good girl and you'll get married, and I'll be so happy for you but I will be so sad for me" to which he quickly responded, "don't worry mom, I'll still be in love with you too."  I'm so grateful for this boy. I love him so deeply.

He hasn't been taking naps for a while now, but every once in a blue moon he will go off to have some quiet time and I'll find him somewhere on the floor.
Bentley is super excited to start preschool this fall. He talks about it a lot and asks very frequently if it's time to start going yet. He is already a champ at writing his name. It's pretty impressive. I will miss him when he is gone.
Bentley and Abby May are such cute little buddies. We went to a primary activity and they had ice cream sundaes. The kids were scattered all over the gym eating their ice cream and I was searching all over trying to track down Bentley and then I found him with Abby, eating their ice cream in the corner. So random and so cute.


Bentley has really been into climbing trees lately. The other day he had climbed up impressively high and I was cheering him on, and he said, "You can't climb this high, right mom? Because you're a mom so you just watch and do dishes and stuff like that."   Sounds about right I guess.... ha ha


And I can't even really put into words how much Bentley adores little baby Karly. Of all the kids, he is the most interested in her. He always wants to hold her and talk to her. He is so sweet and loving with her and is so proud to show her off to anyone who will listen. It's very sweet to watch.


I love this boy to pieces and our family just would not be the same without him!



1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

He is a really, really good boy.