This girl has spark - that's a great way to put it. She is full of life and curiosity and opinions! She is both ends of the spectrum really, so fun and hilarious and smart, but she is also mischievous and likes to get everyone frustrated, just for fun. She also refuses to ever look at the camera for pictures so the only way to get her to look is if I turn the screen so she sees herself. Stinker.
She has a twinkle in her eye and her smile is so contagious. She loves to have lots of attention, and to make people laugh.
Olive, unfortunately, is the first of our children who is prone to sunburn. The older two just get really tan so I'm not so great about remembering sunscreen all the time. Olive however, will spend an afternoon at the park and end up a little fried so I really have to get better at the sunscreen thing!
She loves books and "reads" to herself sometimes, but for some reason the book is always upside down. Her expression is so cute in this picture.
She still LOVES this book from our vacation to Legoland and will get us to read it to her anytime she can - over and over again. She has all the text memorized now.
I can't remember if I ever wrote down this funny story about Olive, but I definitely don't want to forget it. This happened back in December so she was much younger and much less expressive in her language, which makes the story even better. Brad took her in the car to go pick up some breakfast burritos. When he got the bag of food she said, "I want some!" So Brad handed the bag to her in the backseat to hold while he drove back down the street to my parents house where we were staying at the time. From the front he just heard the rustling of the bag and then she said, "Awe... no fries? Darn it!" ha ha Then a few moments later he heard her say, "Oh that's spicy" because she had apparently dug into one of the breakfast burritos full of green chili. Now we like to tease her and say, "No fries?! Darn it!" ha ha
She still loves to suck on her fingers and cuddle with her blankie. She also like to put lots of things in her bed when she gets in there to go to sleep - blankets, books, toys, whatever she can get her hands on at the last second. Then, every time she gets in and out of bed for naps and bedtime, we have to take the whole pile of things in and out with her. I think we have a tiny packrat on our hands.
She is super into Elsa and Anna from "Frozen". She loves to sing the songs over and over again. It seems like the song "Let it Go" has been on repeat in my house for years. She knows all the words and loves to sing it out for everyone to hear. She also really likes the music from "Descendants" because her siblings love it too. It's impressive how many of the lyrics she remembers.
She loves to hang with the big kids - especially when it comes to jumping on the trampoline. She is more brave and crazy than any two year old we have had yet. She gets launched all over the place but she loves it and is actually pretty coordinated.
She loves to tackle Eden and Bentley and it's really funny to watch. She will get them both in a headlock, one in each arm, and they all giggle like crazy. It's so cute.
She loves Karly and wants to try to pick her up all the time - by the head I might add. She also likes to push her swing as high and as hard as she can. She also likes to "stretch" and "exercise" right over Karly too when she is laying on the floor. All interactions have to be pretty closely monitored, which gets pretty exhausting sometimes and I know it makes Olivia frustrated too so then she just ends up swatting the baby, or doing something she knows she shouldn't do. It's not my favorite, I won't lie.
She is a major daddy's girl right now. She wants to be where he is all the time. She loves to go out and get the newspaper off the driveway for him every morning. Many days, she gets very sad when he leaves to work. He is so patient and sweet with her, especially at the end of the day when all the rest of us are a little worn out by her. :)
Little Olive - you are such a little treasure. I love your fierce spirit and know you will accomplish so much in life. I'm doing my best to guide you in the right direction, but you are already blazing a path! We love you baby girl!









No comments:
Post a Comment