Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Father/Kids Campout!

So the "Father's and Sons" campout has always been an annual thing, for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure if it's because there are several dads in our ward that only have daughters, or how it came about, but the campout for our ward is more like a "fathers and children" because girls are allowed to go too.  This campout has never really worked out for our family, for various reasons, but this year Brad took Eden and Bentley and joined the throng of other dads and tons of kids.  The report back from everyone was that it was a complete blast. Eden and Bentley were in heaven being outdoors to run free and being surrounded by all their friends from the ward.  Aside from getting way too cold at night, they all had an amazing time.


Eden and Dad were up bright and early Saturday morning and enjoyed some hot chocolate with friends. Bentley apparently slept in like crazy, which is very unusual for him. He must have finally been warm and cozy.
I'm so glad they got to go and spend this fun time with daddy. They were so incredibly happy and can't wait to go again.

Meanwhile at home, Olive was pretty sad that she was left behind.  I was able to soothe her though with lots of snacks and some pampering which included painting her fingers and toes. She thought that was pretty fun. And Karly was adorable and happy to be with me, as usual.  :)

1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

I loved our first Father's and Sons (and daughters) campout. Except that it was FREEZING in the night. Seriously, horrible sleep. But we had a blast and loved the time together.