Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

 Christmas Eve was so much fun with the family!  We did gingerbread houses, some Christmas Bingo, and a yummy meal together!  There was a lot of candy sampling and finger licking!

It's crazy to think this is Christmas eve!  Look how green and sunny it is outside!  What a warm and pleasant winter we have had.












After dinner the Murdochs went home for bedtime and we got to open our matching Christmas PJs.  Don't we look so cute and cozy?!

There was also a surprise second gift this Christmas eve - a new electric toothbrush for everyone.  I was so happily surprised at how excited they all were!  They ran upstairs to brush their teeth right away!  Then we could hear their squeals from downstairs because of how much it tickled their mouths.  Hopefully they get used to it, and they don't stop being excited about brushing their teeth!
After brushing teeth, we went out for our Christmas light tour!  It was slow and we didn't make it very far, but we had a ton of fun together in the car!  Now it's time for bed babies so that Santa can come!



And come he did!  The kids all had very exciting piles of surprises from Santa in the morning.




Look at these cute faces and bright eyes!  They are always so antsy to get downstairs and I always try to drag it out as long as possible, just to drive them crazy.
Then we release them from the stairs and they come running excitedly into the front room to see what they have been brought.  So magical and so much love!





After getting some good time with our gifts from Santa, we had breakfast and then the kids opened things they had made or written to each other.  I love these thoughtful gifts the most!
This year Bentley gave all of his sisters 3 "free hug passes".  Some are for 3 mississippi seconds, and one was for 8 seconds!  This gift was such a treasure because these girls are always wanting to be affectionate with Bentley and it drives him crazy. So this gift was a real sacrifice for him, but something he knew they would really love.  So, so cute.  I was wishing for a few of those passes myself.
And then it was "go time" on the presents! They were so excited. I love Christmas morning so much!





The kids got this "crazy cart" drifting go cart and it is so fun!  The first ride for each of them was the best as that drifting would catch them off guard!  Their reactions were priceless.









What a magical couple days!  I love this time of year, and I love being home and present with the people I love most!  Merry Christmas family!

No comments: