Sunday, April 28, 2024

Albuquerque Youth Symphony Spring Concert

Tonight we got to hear some very beautiful music from the Albuquerque Youth Symphony.  I am always so blown away by these amazing and talented musicians.  I have really enjoyed watching how participation in this symphony has helped Eden grow so much, and I admire all of these talented young people even more now that I know the dedication and time they put into their instruments.  It's amazing that this combination of instruments can make such beautiful sound.  I have a whole new appreciation for classical music now.  Thanks Eden!

I love watching her up there - the music just flows through her and she is so happy.  She amazes me and I'm so proud. I'm grateful for the opportunity she had this year to be part of the Albuquerque Youth Symphony.  It's a great organization and she has grown so much this year learning to play the pedal harp, and learning to play as a member of a symphony, both things that were new to her this year.  She absolutely killed it.

Shortly after the final concert, they began auditions for next year's season.  The blind audition is actually a very interesting process to watch unfold. She was nervous, but totally nailed her audition song.  We are feeling pretty confident that she will find her place right back with the symphony for next fall. 
What an incredible opportunity for her.  I'm so proud of you Eden!


 

No comments: