Karly and Olive were both very excited to compete in the pinewood derby this year with all the primary activity boys and girls. They both put a lot of thought and time into designing and preparing their cars. Unfortunately for them, they have Brad and I as parents, and not the parents of the pinewood derby championships. We know we can't really compete with the intensity of some of these families, but they enjoyed the journey and loved their cars.
I really enjoyed watching them on the sidelines as all the kids reactions were so cute with each and every race. Olive was having a great time, and since this wasn't her first time around, she knew which families would have the winning cars, so she was just enjoying the races she was winning, and having fun with friends.
Karly on the other hand, hadn't yet experienced the cars prepped by the Pankretz or Beutlers, so she had a lot of hope there in the beginning. She was so competitive and cute, and so hopeful for her cute little car. She won a few and was very excited about that. She was also a very gracious loser as the lead families started to shine through. This first picture was taken when she jumped and it actually looks like she is levitating! ha ha
Well done everyone! It's such a fun tradition and I'm so glad I could be there to observe their experience. I love my little car racers.











No comments:
Post a Comment