Wednesday, August 5, 2009

2 Months Old!

Current Stats:
4 lb, 13 oz (whoa... that's big!)
17 1/4 in long!


So many babies around us have been going home lately... I think she's saying, "I want to go too, take me!" Me too Eden... I want to go too.


Another great family picture for her birthday celebration.


The party didn't last long though, she was all worn out.


Ok, so I'm not going to lie, today has been hard. Actually the last couple days have been hard. As much as I try not to, I can't help but feel sorry for myself right now so bare with me... I need to vent again and then I'll get over it and move on.

By the time she was two months old I expected to be in such a different place. I thought she would be on very little oxygen support (if any). I thought by now we would be able to hold her and touch her whenever we wanted, rather than having to wait for the scheduled "touch time". I thought I would be nursing my sweet baby, rather than attaching myself to a machine every three hours. And definitely I thought for sure we would be just a couple weeks away from going home. Boy has reality hit me hard...

We were talking with our neighbors earlier today who said they had a friend who also had her baby at 27 weeks just a little earlier than I had Eden. I shouldn't have asked, but I was curious, so I asked how he was doing. Well, that baby went home two weeks ago. Why are we having to take the long route? Why is poor little Eden having to go through all this, when other babies born at the same time are already going home? Unfortunately, right now there aren't any answers to these, or many of the other questions I have. Someday I'll understand...

So now let me try to end this on a positive note. We are so fortunate that we can be parents to such a sweet and adorable baby. We are so blessed to have been able to spend two months already getting to know her fun and spicy personality. She is such a fighter, and we are so blessed to be able to touch her, and talk to her, even if it is only during scheduled "touch time".

So we will continue to take this one day at a time. Our baby will be home with us soon....

Phew... ok, I think I got that all out of my system (for now anyway). So I'll end the post with a couple more fun pictures.

I love her little toes... so cute!


She had her beautiful sweater on for only about 5 minutes before she spit up all over it.... well, it was cute while it lasted.


We love you baby Eden... You're such a blessing to us!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Lisa,
Let me just say that you are amazing. You have been so strong and such an example to me through all this. I think I would have lost control a long time ago! We will hope and pray that when she is extubated next her body will be extra ready. She is so beautiful- getting cuter and cuter every day! Happy 2 months Eden! Love you guys!

Jess & Jessica said...

Lisa you and Brad are such a great example of faith and endurance. I am so glad that you vent and that you are able to pick yourself right back up. Your baby will come home too, even though it may seem like you will be there forever. We love you!

Jen Kesler said...

Lisa!! We all love your little family so much! I hope the next several days are good ones and that Eden continues to grow and progress so that she can come home soon!

Rebecca said...

I'm really glad you vent to us. you're amazing and you have weathered this in such an exemplary way. eden is so beautiful. you guys are in our prayers.

Chad and Annie said...

I can't believe sweet Eden is 2 months old, she is growing so fast! She is so very beautiful. I am thinking about you constantly and wish so bad I could do something to help you guys through this time. We love you guys and are so amazed by your example. Keep hanging in there, I know if anyone can do it, it's you!!! You are such a beautiful mom to Eden and she will forever treasure you and be so grateful for you as you have saccrificed so much for her. You're AMAZING!