Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pneumonia... again

Poor little baby. They said they weren't going to try another extubation for four weeks, but that doesn't mean life gets boring around here! It is confirmed that she does have a form of pneumonia again. So she has an IV again and the antibiotics are back... bummer.

I knew something was up because the last couple days she has had a ton more secretions so they were pretty much constantly suctioning her. She has also had a lot of bradycardia spells (extreme drop in heart rate) which was very unusual for her.

We aren't sure why she keeps getting this. Just last week the bacteria/organism in her lungs had totally cleared up, but it's returned fast and strong this time. I have a feeling this is something we will be battling continuously at least until we can get that darn vent tube out.

Depsite this though, she is very happy and alert and as cute as ever. And she also still loves to watch her mobile spin around.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry she's had such a rough few days. She really is looking great, though!

Harding Family said...

Poor little girl! Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in fast and help clear it up! She is getting so big I can't wait to see her again!