It's so weird how I have simultaneously received both good and bad news about the same subject today: eyes.
Today Eden had her first eye exam since being discharged from the hospital. Due to the amount of oxygen she was on while her eyes were still developing, doctors were concerned that there would be some damage to her eyesight. We found out today that her eyes look completely normal and no damage can be seen. She doesn't need to have another follow up until next year. This news is such a blessing and allows us to put one more worry behind us as we continue to get our baby girl healthy.
Right after returning home from Eden's appointment this morning I got news about my brother and his current status. Unfortunately for us all, and especially him, the news about his eyes was not good. Doctors had to remove his left eye and did the best they could to repair his right eye which they have now sealed up in hopes that it will heal. The prognosis doesn't look good, but we will hope and pray for the miracle that will allow him to see again.
I hate the constant tug of war of emotions and the fact that today especially I am feeling a lot of conflicting emotions at the same time. I'm so happy for Eden and excited that we got good news, but I feel so awful and sick at the same time because I know the outlook for Michael's eyesight is not the same.
Man... it's been a tough six months for our family as far as health is concerned. I have grown and changed a lot and realize that there is so much that I take for granted.
Please continue to keep my brother in your prayers.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Lisa,
Thought I'd send you that info we talked about since things were pretty busy when I stopped by. Hope you're doing best as can be expected. I'm just around the corner if you or Kally need some help with kids or just a little breather.
http://www.infantreflux.org/forum/
http://www.marci-kids.com/ (if you look on the side bar, there is a dosing calculator too)
Lisa, we are SO sorry to hear about your brother. We, too, are thinking about eyes on a continual basis :). We hope his vision recovers in his right eye and we're so glad that Eden's vision seems to be good (Scott was really worried about that for her). Gosh, what a year!! We can't wait to see you next week.
Post a Comment