Monday, January 31, 2011

Each day gets a little better

Today Eden is only getting tylenol for pain and she seems to be doing pretty good. She is still very calm and needs lots of blankie/mommy snuggling time, but overall she has been showing that she is starting to feel much better. We have been up playing with toys and reading books quite a bit, and I'm starting to see a lot more smiles again.

No matter how much pain or discomfort she is having though, a wagon ride is always such a joyous occasion for her. We have been spending quite a bit of time outside getting some fresh air.


This is the face I get now every time I tell her to smile for the camera...


Eden "smiling" with one of the many rocks we collected along our walk. By the time we get home she has quite a collection in the bottom of her wagon.



Thanks to everyone who left their opinion on what I should do with her hair. I go back and forth with it so that means I'm in no position to do anything with it anytime soon! :) It makes me so sad to think about shaving it all off, but I just don't know yet how to make it look decent with what we've got. So in the meantime we will just go with some cute hats until I make a final decision.

Wednesday I'll be taking Eden back in to the eye doctor to see if the swelling has gone down in her optic nerves. Hopefully we will leave there with some good news and her eyes will be ok. Then Friday we will be back at the neurosurgery clinic to get the staples removed from her head and stomach.

We are also looking at getting the airway surgery back on the schedule. Most likely it's going to be some time in early March, but I'm waiting for a call back from the ENT scheduler before we will know for sure.

And then, for something fun that has absolutely nothing to do with the medical part of our lives, we are also hoping to take a trip out to California sometime really soon before Brad's parents move to Tennessee. The timing of everything makes it so tough, but we are trying really hard to figure out how to fit it in there somewhere. I'm not looking forward to the drive, but am really excited to be out there again. So it's going to continue to be busy for us, but I guess that's how we roll!

4 comments:

Harding Family said...

She looks so cute all bundled up in her wagon! I am glad to hear she is doing a little better with each day! We love you guys and can't wait to see her when we aren't so full of germs!

Leigh said...

What a beautiful little girl!! Glad she is feeling better!

Abby said...

Eden is such a cutie and that hat is adorable! What a strong girl she is to be making it through all of this.

Maybe we'll get to see you guys when you come to California! It's been a long time since we've seen Brad and we've been looking forward to a chance to meet you, Lisa, and Eden.

May Family said...

Eden is looking great! She is such a fighter and is looking just adorable in her hat and flower ensamble! I think hats, bows, headbands, etc. are the way to go, but even if shaving her head would be best, she will still be as cute as ever! Maybe even cutting it really short but not shaving it would work.

I'm excited to see you guys tomorrow if...this weather permits!