We are back from the hospital and unfortunately there isn't too much to report after today's MRI and lumbar puncture. The results from the lumbar puncture just confirmed that yes, there is excessive pressure in her head, but why? From this MRI they were able to see that there does not appear to be a small blockage in the aqueduct (which is where the brain fluid drains into the spine). So what is causing the pressure? That's the million dollar question at this point.
So we left the hospital again with lots of questions and not a lot of answers. Now we are waiting to hear back from the nuerosurgeons to find out what the next step will be. Most likely, it appears that Eden is going to need a brain shunt to help the drainage so the pressure will be reduced. I hate doing something so drastic before even knowing the cause, but the potential for very major problems is high if we don't do something sooner rather than later. So now we wait to find out what to do next. I have no idea what this means for the previous plan of traveling out to Denver for the airway surgery. At this point I'm taking it one step at a time so we will figure out our next step after we hear from the nuerosurgeons.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment