Everything with the pregnancy is going good. I feel good despite the fact that I am getting more and more round every day! A couple weeks ago I started getting the progesterone shots each week. The injections definitely leave my hip/butt feeling pretty sore for a while, but I'm on board for doing anything to me that may help protect this baby!
Thanksgiving weekend I got a stomach bug and unfortunately the throwing up and dehydration started some contractions that had us all a little worried. My mom was a lifesaver and came over to help out with Eden for a couple days so I could stay off my feet as much as possible until my ultrasound midweek where they were going to check my cervix and make sure the contractions weren't causing any changes. Fortunately, our prayers were answered and everything looked ok. They will continue to monitor me closely which I am grateful about.
So at my last ultrasound on Nov. 30th they confirmed that yes, we are still having a boy. I am so excited and love having these ultrasounds where I can watch him and feel so connected with him. He is still so tiny in there so these 3D images don't look fabulous, but it is so fun to see his features starting to form. He kept trying to hide his face, so the first shot is of the back of his head and you can see his tiny ear and hand.

Then he finally decided to look forward and give a little smile. I know it's so early to tell, but I think his nose already looks like Eden's nose!

We are definitely excited to be welcoming this baby boy into our home, but NOT anytime soon! We continue to pray every day that my body will work like it should and he'll stay put in there for a very long time still! In the meantime we will just enjoy these ultrasounds every couple weeks.
1 comment:
I have been thinking about you. I hope everything is still going good. I can't believe you are 22 weeks already! The progesterone shots will probably help a ton. Have they had you do anything else differently this pregnancy?
Post a Comment