Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Brad's Birthday

This past Saturday we celebrated Brad's 31st birthday! We started the day off with some relaxation, getting massages, then in the afternoon we hung out as a family and opened birthday presents. That evening my mom came and stayed with Eden so Brad and I could go out on a date. We went to dinner and ate way too much food, and then went and saw Mission Impossible 4 in the theater. It was such a treat to go on a date, so we are so grateful for my mom and her willingness to watch Eden!

As long as I've known Brad, he has always talked about wanting a cotton candy machine. He said he always asked for one as a kid and never got it, and then after we got married he always asked for one for his birthday or Christmas and I finally gave in and got him one. I think it was his ultimate birthday wish come true!!

Eden was very helpful in opening the birthday presents.




The cool thing about this cotton candy machine is that you can use the sugar powder, or any type of hard candy. I bought a big bag of Jolly Ranchers and those make some very potent and flavorful cotton candy! Unfortunately, I'm not a huge cotton candy fan, and Eden took a couple bites, but as with any food she wasn't too thrilled so poor Brad had nobody to truly share in the excitement of it! He is anxiously waiting to take the cotton candy machine down to enjoy with our nieces and nephews who I'm sure will enjoy the cotton candy just as much as he does!



Happy birthday Brad! We love you!

1 comment:

Jess & Jessica said...

Brad was so excited about his cotton candy machine. Good job, Lisa.
Thanks for all the comments on my blog. You are my number one reader and perhaps my only reader. :) p.s Eden is such a doll. I love her!