
We were discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon!! YAY!! We have returned to my mom's house where she is helping out with everything so I can try to be off my feet as much as possible. We are all so grateful to be out of the hospital.
Eden still has her PIC line and she is on 2 antibiotics that I have to switch a couple times a day. 24 hours a day though she is hooked up to one or the other so we have been keeping an extra eye on her everywhere she goes to make sure her PIC isn't getting pulled out or the antibiotic line getting snagged on anything. It's just killing her to not be able to help wash dishes or play in water, but we have to keep the line dressing dry and clean for just a couple more days. Hopefully her antibiotics will be finished, and her PIC line will be able to come out this Friday. Overall she has been so good about leaving it alone and accepting that a line and ball of medication has to go wherever she goes.
It still just amazes me and makes me so happy that we were able to leave the hospital without getting a new shunt back in. I was so extremely discouraged last week when we got the initial news for so many reasons, but one major one being that we were just coming up on the one year anniversary of getting the shunt in the first place, and now it was looking like we were going to have to redo the whole thing.
This is January 27, 2011 on the day after her shunt was placed.

And here is a current picture, taken January 18th, the day after her shunt was taken out.

Fortunately, we had an awesome nurse that became the advocate for Eden's hair. I told her they shocked us last time by the amount of hair they shaved off so she stuck up for us in the operating room and didn't let them shave off any more than they had too. Thank goodness for her. We didn't want to lose these beautiful locks again... :)

Overall Eden did so well with the 8 days we were in the hospital. The first few post surgery days were rough, but then she was feeling pretty well and it just became a matter of keeping her entertained while we waited to be discharged. I wasn't able to post pictures from my IPad at the hospital, so here are some random pictures from the week's activities:









2 comments:
I'm so glad Eden is doing better and that you are home!!!! You guys are so amazing and such a good example of having great faith during hard times. You are so positive and I am so blessed to know you! Love you guys!
I am so proud of you. I know you probably see your own moments of sadness and anger and think you aren't all that great, but let me tell you: YOU ARE.
That little Eden is amazing. She has the strongest spirit; she must to have signed up for the body and challenges she would face on this Earth.
I really can't truly articulate the flood of varied emotions I felt while reading this post.
Don't ever doubt the wonderful mom (and dad) that you are and the way you have touched so many by sharing.
Post a Comment