This past week, on the 1st, I took Bentley in for his first pediatrician visit. In just two weeks of life he put back on the weight he lost right after birth and even gained an additional two pounds! At that visit he weighed 8 lbs 15 oz! I don't think Eden has ever gained two pounds in a month so the normal growth pattern that Bentley is following is so surprising! I love that his cheeks have gotten chubby and he has a double chin. I know this boy is going to grow fast which makes me sad, but I will love and cherish each stage as they come and go!
He is such a sweet baby, and I can't begin to explain the joy he has brought to my life and to our family. I still catch myself marveling at the miracle of life and his perfect little body. He is so precious and I love him so very much!
He is a great eater (hence the fabulous weight gain) and I'm so grateful to have a baby that is a successful eater. It just comes natural to him and it amazes me! :) Unfortunately though, I did end up getting mastitis which has been awful, but because of the antibiotics, it gets better each day. Breastfeeding is definitely hard, and quite painful as I'm learning, but I'm so grateful I can do it this time. He has done awesome.
I absolutely love all the little noises he makes! He grunts, moans, squeaks, and makes all kinds of other fun noices and I absolutely adore them! He loves to be talked to and is starting to coo back a little bit which is so precious.
His umbilical cord finally fell off so today he got his first real bath. Eden has been asking to help give him a bath for a long time now, so this was a much anticipated event for us all! :) Since that's the case, we documented the whole process for everyone's enjoyment... :)
Here he is sleeping peacefully as I prepared his bath. He had no idea what was coming... (aren't his lips just to die for?? Love them!)
I'm so grateful I had my trusty assistant Eden, and she was excited to put him into the tub that she used as a baby.
And then, probably not even a minute into it, Bentley pooped in the water and Eden was shocked! Her reaction was really funny and you can see in the next couple pictures that she didn't really know how to handle it. Check out her facial expressions.... :)
So at that point I moved Bentley into the sink to finish his bath, and my trusty assistant was still hung up on the fact that the boy actually pooped in the bath. ha ha
Overall I think he quite liked the bathing experience. He especially likes getting his hair washed.
And then he was yelling and ready to eat! :)
I sure love this sweet baby boy and can't imagine my family without him!
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE that second to last picture after his bath! He looks so alert! He's so sweet...
Post a Comment