For the first week of preschool, I went with Eden because her nurse wasn't available to start yet. Even with me there, she was nervous to be there and interact with the kids, but overall she did really well and seemed to be enjoying it.
On her third day of school (the second week) her nurse Becca started going with Eden. Becca is so sweet and good to Eden and we are so grateful that she is working with us!
The first two days with Becca (and without me) were a little rough in the beginning. When I say rough, I mean she cried, coughed really hard, and then threw up.... both days. Ugh... But once she got that out, within 15 or 20 minutes, she was just fine and would join in with the class and do really well. I'm so grateful Becca would step in and help her with both her medical needs (like suctioning)and she would also do so well to help Eden not feel scared.
This week she wasn't sad at all when I left her and was running away to get to class. I'm so grateful she enjoys it and I've already seen so much social interaction progress with her! I'm bummed she will have to miss the next three weeks of school while we are in Denver, but hopefully the transition back into school when we return will go smoothly.
A couple weeks ago they had Grandparent's Day at the school. I'm so grateful that both of my parents could come and support Eden (and I). She loved seeing them there, and I think they were pretty entertained as well.
In the beginning we all just enjoyed a little snack and Eden told grandma and grandpa about school. This was on her second day of school with her nurse, so she was still nervous to be away from me so you'll see the darn blankie is also there with her.
Once we were done with our snack, we moved into the Chapel area and the Pastor came and read a story about the Creation of the World to the kids. After the book the pastor got out his guitar and they all sang "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands".
Once that song was over the kids stood and faced the audience and sang another song. For the first half of the song Eden stood with her back to us, facing the other kids. It was pretty funny. Her teacher finally got her to turn around and then we watched as she sang the rest of the song. She was pretty proud of herself.
She loves the projects they do at school and insisted we take her picture with some of her masterpieces.
Grandma and Grandpa Justice, we celebrated you from afar and know you would have come if you were here! Grandma and Grandpa Malarsie, thank you so much for coming! We love our grandparents!
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment