Thursday, November 15, 2012

Drawing on her face

In our office I have a little craft table set up for Eden, fully stocked with markers, paint, glue, tape and all kids of supplies to make projects. Most of the time I'm doing stuff with her, but she has access to everything and occasionally works on projects while I'm making dinner or something. She is really good at following the rules and using the supplies correctly so I've never had any problem with leaving these things out for her.

On this particular day though, from the other room she said, "mom, look what I did." When she came around the corner, this is what I saw...

She had a big smile and seemed pretty proud, and I just said, "ah oh Eden, we aren't supposed to draw on our bodies. I think daddy might be sad about that and he is on his way home right now." She immediately got a sad and nervous look on her face and kept saying, "mom, wash it off. Hurry, wash it off!" She ran for the baby wipes and began frantically wiping her face. We had a good talk about making mistakes while I helped her get it off. When Brad got home a short time later she was so happy to show him her beautiful, clean face. She hasn't drawn on herself again since..... :)

No comments: