Bentley's first birthday was on April 17th. On April 18th Brad and I were leaving town for a weekend trip with my family (pictures to come!) and the kids were staying with the Pickett's while we were gone. Just a couple days before we were leaving town, Bentley started to stand himself up and take a step or two. I was so worried that while we were gone he would really start walking. Brad said to tell Annie that every time he stood up she needed to push him down. ha ha
Fortunately, we didn't miss too much while we were gone because he was still just taking a step or two once we got back. Today though he is moving across half the room before he falls down. He is pretty proud of himself too. Once he falls he starts clapping and says, "yay".
It still isn't his preferred method of getting from point A to point B, but if he is already standing he will start walking and then once he falls he will continue on his journey by crawling on his knees, or now he is really into doing the bear crawl on his hands and feet. It's so cute to see him walking but I know I'm really in for it once he gets it figured out completely!
Good job little buddy! You're growing up so fast!
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment