Saturday, May 18, 2013

Eden's Last day of School

What a difference a year makes!! Here is Eden on the first day of preschool....


And here she is on her last day. My little precious girl.


This year she has changed so much! Not just physically and developmentally, but she has come so far in her social anxieties and fears too which was my number one priority for her this year. For the few couple weeks of school I really worried if I had made the right choice by sending her, but now I'm so extremely grateful I did! Don't get me wrong, she still has a lot of fears and anxieties, but she has overcome so much, is more confident in herself, and is so much more social than she used to be.

Her teacher Miss Courtney was the perfect match for Eden this year. She helped her feel comfortable and not scared, but she pushed her to talk loudly and speak up for things she needed and wanted. She also helped her feel more comfortable joining in with the other kids and playing WITH them instead of along side them.

Here's Eden giving Miss Courtney the flower pot she painted as a thank you gift.


And now that school is out for the summer, Eden is totally bummed and already talking about when she can start going again. I'm so grateful we had the opportunity to send her this year and we are looking forward to continuing with our progress!

No comments: