Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Due Date! 40 weeks!

Well today is the day - the due date at least - I'm pretty sure it's not "the day." I had a doctor's appointment last Monday and am dilated to 3cm and about 40% effaced. I've been pretty crampy and am having sporadic contractions, but so far nothing to get too excited about. The anticipation is both extremely hard and extremely exciting at the same time. Part of me is tempted to just ask for an induction and get it done, but then a bigger part of me is loving the anxiousness of it all and I'm trying to soak in the experience as much as possible. What a crazy experience pregnancy and labor is. This time around I've really looked at it in a different light, and though it definitely has some very hard things about it, it's such an amazing experience that is so beautiful. When I know this won't happen for me many more times in life, it puts it into a different perspective, one in which I try to cherish each exciting part along the way.

This pregnancy has gone so smoothly and I feel so incredibly blessed. We sure are anxious and excited to meet this little girl! Hopefully it will be very soon!

Here I am in my large, pregnant glory. :)


No comments: