Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Eden's first day of Preschool

Yesterday was Eden's first day back at school. We put her into the same preschool, but this year she is in a different class and now going Monday through Thursday. She was very excited to go back, but also very nervous. When we talked about it, her biggest concern was always in regards to making new friends and, as she put it - everyone being curious about her trach. We did a lot of role playing as we were driving to school about things kids might say and what she could say in return. I think it helped her out a lot and she did so good when I dropped her off. Such incredible progress. :)
She wanted to wear her special shirt for the first day (this is the one she painted in Durango).

When she got home from school we ate a special treat together and talked all about her day. She had so much fun and loves her teacher. I said "Eden I missed you so much" and she said, "I know, but I was having so much fun!" which obviously made me feel very happy.

Today as she was heading off to school I told her that her special job for the day was to pick one person and be sure to say, "Hi, I'm Eden". When she got home the first thing she was so excited to tell me about was that she made a new friend. She doesn't know this friend's name, but they apparently played together a lot today and Eden was very happy about it. I love this girl. I'm excited for another year of progress and continuing to build her confidence.

3 comments:

Harding Family said...

Yay so glad her first few days went so well! She is so awesome. She has made so much progress in the last little bit. Love you Eden!

Harding Family said...

Yay so glad her first few days went so well! She is so awesome. She has made so much progress in the last little bit. Love you Eden!

Grandma Malarsie said...

Hooray for Eden being so brave. Very proud of you Eden.