On May 20th, the world lost a beautiful soul. We love you grandma Moe. Durango will not feel the same without her there.
The day after she passed, my mom was going to head to Durango to be with my dad who was already there with his siblings. I decided to pack up the kids and drive her there so I could see the family, and also so my parents wouldn't have to be in separate cars coming home. It was good to see her home just as she left it, and as I will always remember it. I sure have a lot of memories with her and this place.

She always had the most beautiful flowers and garden. For the past several years, she hasn't been able to care for it, but it still looked beautiful.
Grandma was able to join the kids and I on a little hike near Grandma Moe's house. It was a beautiful day.
On the way home, I slid Karly's carseat in between Eden and Bentley. Eden was so helpful with her so I could drive, and my thoughts were scattered as I thought about my grandma and all the memories I have with her. I am so grateful I was able to be there that weekend as I was saying goodbye to someone so important in my life.





1 comment:
She was a great woman. A perfect blend of country hard and motherly soft. And witty. I'll miss her.
Post a Comment