Friday, July 28, 2017

Bentley James

Oh my boy - he is such a little treasure. I know I'm his mom, so this may come across as biased, but really, I couldn't have asked for a better little guy.  He is still so young, but he is already so well rounded and mature and wise.

He loves to play sports and wants me to sign him up for everything. He has a natural coordination and can pick up the skills quick for anything he plays.  He also has a competitive drive that pushes him. In fact, the challenge of the competition is what makes it worth it.  He doesn't want to go outside and kick a soccer ball around, just for fun, but if I challenge him to a game to see who scores more, he will play all day and never want to stop.

He loves to play video games with his friends, and board games with his dad, and so far he really is good at everything he tries.

He is very smart and learns quick.  He is already reading the BOB series books and loves the challenge of figuring out new words.  He is very patient and persistent when things get hard and this is a strength that will benefit him so much in life.

He is so kind and thoughtful.  He is patient with his sisters, and thinks of them when he isn't with them.  For example, Eden and Bentley went to sleep over and grandma's house, and Olive and Karly stayed with me.  My mom said a couple times he said, "Olive would really like this" and told grandma that Olive should probably come next time.

Whenever Karly is crying or sad, he is quick to jump in and do something silly to try to make her laugh.  She is very fond of him and he is very affectionate and loving with her.

Bentley and Eden are like two little peas in a pod.  They have a lot of similarities and are good friends.  They enjoy being together and doing a lot of the same things (like playing legos, or playing school).  The encourage each other to be better, and I love that.
So yeah, the list could go on and on about all the reasons I love this boy.  He is amazing, and I'm so grateful he came to our family.

1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

He's my main man. I see a honest goodness in him. He puts everything into what he does. And I love my game time with him. I cannot believe the types of games he can play well (and legitimately beat me).