Friday, July 28, 2017

Olivia Rae

Our adorable little ball of fire!  She is one sassy, fun, outgoing, stubborn, confident, entertaining, fit throwing, singing, screaming, loving little gem of a girl.  She gives us a run for our money, but she also makes life so much more fun.  We never know what to expect with this girl, and the spontaneity adds a freshness to our family dynamic which we appreciate  (most of the time!).
She walks life to the beat of her own drum, and as her parent that can be pretty frustrating at times, but I'm so confident in her that she is going to make herself known throughout her life and I'm already so proud of her for that.  She is going to do great things, I have no doubt about that.
She loves her dresses and boots and anything fancy and sparkly.  I love that she's dressed like a princess while playing in the sandbox, or wrestling with the boys.  She is very well rounded.  :)
She definitely adds a spark and light to anywhere she goes.  She loves to talk to strangers, and quite often does all the question answering for her older siblings whenever things come up and they start to get shy. 

Her thin and wispy hair is always crazy and messy, and for some reason that look just fits her.

She is still loving those fingers when she gets tired.  Both Eden and Bentley self weaned from sucking their thumbs at 3 years old after having a few logical conversations about why they should stop.  Olive has those conversations with me too, she knows she should stop - but "Nah - maybe tomorrow".

The other day we were playing a little game to work on learning the letters. I introduced the letter U and told her the sound it makes, and some words that start with U.  I said, "Ok, so that's the U. What is that letter?" and she said, "Oh that's a me!!"    Working on learning with her is definitely a little more tricky, but she will keep us laughing and messing around for sure!

Olive is a handful - she makes life unpredictable sometimes, but how very boring it would be without her.  We love you Olivia Rae.

1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

She is a bright ray of sunshine. She feels everything deeply and expresses those feelings. I love my Olive.