Monday, September 4, 2017

Caught in a Rare Rain Storm

It doesn't rain here too often, but when it does you can usually tell when it's coming and it doesn't end up being too much.  On this particular morning, I loaded the girls, books and snacks and headed out on a long run/walk around the big block.  The loop is right around 3.5 miles.  I ran the first half and decided to rest and walk a bit (because pushing a stroller and running is a nightmare) and just as I decided I needed a rest, the clouds parted and the sky began a big downpour.  It was a long 2 miles home, moving as quickly as I could.  The girls tucked themselves up pretty good under the canopy of the stroller and ended up being mostly dry by the time we got home.  But for me.... I was soaked, and exhausted.  
Thanks NM sky, at least it was warm rain, and I got my exercise and shower all in one shot!  :)

1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

And there is nothing like the smell of fresh desert after a rain storm.