Friday, November 3, 2017

Olive's Makeovers

Last Monday morning, I was trying to get some good focus on school work with Eden and Bentley.  The little ones are usually always trying to be involved in what we are doing, but on this day they wondered upstairs and I could hear them playing in toys.  Our math lessons continued and I realized I hadn't heard the girls in a little bit.  I was so hesitant to go check though because we were making such great progress downstairs and it was SO NICE doing school without them.  So I convinced myself to ignore it for ten more minutes and then go check on them.   Sure enough, after a few more minutes, Karly wondered down and said, "Mom look at me! I'm so pretty!" 
Oh dear.... Olive had found some play makeup somewhere and had obviously been giving Karly a makeover.  I was even more hesitant to go upstairs now, not knowing what kind of a disaster I'd find. 
So I made sure I was in a good place (emotionally), and up we went.
Turns out Olive had done a makeover on herself and Karly.  Just as I suspected, this horribly greasy makeup was also all over the carpet.  Awesome.  I guess the good news is that they were in my closet so at least we won't have guests seeing this beautiful masterpiece.
So there you have it - this is the price to be paid for doing homeschool without the toddlers.  There's always trade offs in life.


1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

Such a crazy, wonderful creative girl.