This girl - she is full of spirit! She wants to be independent and responsible like all the big kids, but under certain circumstances, she likes to be the baby who gets lots of help from everyone doing everything for her. She especially knows she can get to Bentley with her sad, pleading, baby blue eyes. He always gives in to what she asks of him, and I have to tell him to stop letting her manipulate him! She keeps us on our toes for sure, but I think we will keep her. Someone's gotta be the baby, and she is the perfect baby for us.
I found this sweet self-reflection page in her school folder. It's neat to me to see how my kids see themselves. She says she "always": is respectful to the teacher, turns her work in on time, stays in her seat during instruction time, raises her hand, uses her neatest handwriting, and does her best work. She says "most of the time" she is: respectful to classmates, keeps her desk organized, participates in class, follow rules, arrives at school prepared to learn. And her only answer for "sometimes" is that she works quietly in class and doesn't disturb others. I would say that all sounds pretty accurate!
This red sheet is her goal page and her "growth mindset notes" for math group. I love that she wrote a few quotes in each that show what is a fixed mindset and what is a growth mindset. I need to break this out the next time we do homework and she tells me "I'm never doing this again!" :)



No comments:
Post a Comment