Tuesday, July 11, 2023

WIBIT with the Youth and Family

One of the fun traditions for the ward youth is a day trip to Santa Rosa to play on the WIBIT.  As the leader, I'm part of the planning and supervising team, and I get to fill my car with young women for the little road trip.  It's always so much fun to hang out with them, and the two hour drive flies by as we sing songs, laugh, and of course, talk about boys.  It's my favorite to have them all in the car for an extended period of time.  I learn a lot!!

Fortunately Brad was able to take the day off work so he could come and bring Bentley, Olive, and Karly to play too.   We like to take our family here at least once a summer too so it was perfect to combine it all into one big party!  

 

I love these kids - they are awesome.   Also, what was awesome is that we went on a weekday this time so we basically had the place to ourselves!  As soon as the WIBIT opened, they all flooded it with all their energy, the faster the better!  It was so fun to watch them.



We also had a yummy BBQ dinner before heading home.



Brad captured some awesome pictures of our kids with his Go Pro.  Thanks Brad!








And no trip is complete without some cold plunges into the Blue Hole!  The kids were so brave and all jumped into that beautiful, but very cold water.












Such a fun summer tradition!  So glad I got to experience this with my own family, and my huge "family" of extra teenagers!

No comments: