Monday, August 24, 2009

Brad's Post: The Top Ten List

We've spent some serious time in the hospital and have met a lot of health professionals. In fact, we've been here for nearly 3 months and have heard some disconcerting things from nurses and doctors. We thought it would be funny to compile a top ten list so we started to keep track of the things that caught our attention.

Here is a list of 10 things we have actually heard that you never want your nurse or doctor to say:

10. "If we don't know, we just guess."
9. "I've never seen that before" and it's cousin "Now that's unusual."
8. "I'm not used to this machine."
7. "I can't figure this out."
6. "How do I make the beeping stop?"
5. "I can never get this breathing mask right."
4. "I spent 20 minutes trying to print these labels."
3. "How do I calculate dosage?"
2. "Oops."

And the worst thing we hear from our doctors and nurses...

1. "I'll see you tomorrow."

2 comments:

Jess & Jessica said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!! Thank you guys for the great laugh. I bet you can imagine I laughed pretty loud and hard!! Jess liked it too. :)

Stef said...

Haha! That is awesome!!