Monday, August 17, 2009

I was right, she loves it!

Just as I suspected, she loves her new mobile. It was so cute to watch her discover this fun new toy. She actually watched it go around and around for a really long time! Like 20 or 30 minutes (which for her is really long because she hardly ever is awake for more than 10 minutes at a time)! It was really cute and I'm so glad we have this for her. Thanks Jen!!!


She also loved the cuddle time she got with daddy...



She is already a pro at doing fish-lips!


The shocking news of the day is that her weight last night was 5 lb 10 oz! I think I must have heard the nurse wrong on Friday when she said 5 lb 1 oz because there's no way she gained 9 oz in three days - that's just crazy! Oh well, all I know is that she is getting big really fast!

Unfortunately, it's going to be a crazy week for little Eden. Today she will be getting her 2 month immunization shots - ouch - as if she isn't already going through enough already!

Tomorrow she will have her third eye exam - those are always stressful and painful for her.

And Wednesday is the day they are planning to extubate her. Need I say more about this day? Oh man... I'm nervous.

We will pray extra hard for her this week and hope we see some progress and get some answers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

moms always know best :) Sounds like a really busy week - no rest for the weary! We will pray extra hard for little Eden. I gotta say it is so cute to see my kids pray for her each night (and most of the time with no reminder)...so sweet. Hang in there!

Harding Family said...

She is getting so chubby! I love those fish lips and her double chin! It will be a crazy week for you all and we will pray it will go really well and she can come home soon!

Jen Kesler said...

Hooray! Shaun will be so proud cause he picked it out! I hope Eden didn't wear herself out staying awake and watching it for all that time!! Okay, I'm going to go now because I'm using a lot of exclamation points!!!!! Glad it worked...I hope today is a great day for your sweet girl!!!!!!!!!!

Jess & Jessica said...

I love the fish lips. What a sweet little one.