So first of all, thank you to everyone who sent well wishes for our big day tomorrow. I have received word that we have lots of people praying for Eden's extubation. Well folks... just keep on going with those prayers. The plans have changed once again (shocking I know) and they are not going to be extubating Eden tomorrow after all.
Although it's super frustrating and I hate that it means everything will be delayed another week, it's definitely for the best. Since this is her final chance before having to undergo some serious airway tests, I want to make sure that we give her the best chance possible to do well and she can't be expected to do that if she's sick!
I found out from the doctor this morning that another organism (bacteria) has been found in her airway and lungs. She is going to be receiving additional antiobiotics for the next 7 days to treat it. The respitory therapist today said that Eden does have a form of pneumonia, but I'm just really confused about that because a couple days ago we thought she did, then the doctor said no, then new organisms grew and now she has tons of secretions again, and now they say she does have it.... blah blah, I know, I'm lost too. So who really knows what they call it or if it's really pneumonia or not - all I know is she is REALLY congested and full of nasty secretions, and she is much more sad and tired than usual.
So on we go with antiobiotics and, of course, waiting. Sometime next week once she's looking better they will try the extubation. So until then we will just continue to love our life here in the hospital room with our beautiful baby girl!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lis-
That just means more time to heal and to get ready for the big day! Hang in there... we will put her in our temple again. I think mom and I are coming down in the end of August so I hope to see you!!!! Love you all and keep on keeping on!!! Profound I know!
Poor girl! It really stinks to have a little 2 month old sick and not feeling good when you are at home and can snuggle her. But when you can't be at home, I can't imagine how much harder it is. We're thinking of you guys and praying often that ALL of you get the rest and strength you need. feel better, Eden! Angela
Post a Comment